Carleen

To see other entries or play along, visit The Bumbles.

This week's movie topic is all about Time Travel.


When I first saw this week's movie topic, I have to confess that the theme song from one of my favorite childhood TV shows immediately popped into my head...



Must be time travel has been a topic of interest to me for a very long time! That said, it's about time to make a list of my favorite movies dealing with time travel. . .




Back to the Future (1985)

13 Going on 30 (2004)

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1949)

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)

Field of Dreams (1989)

Planet of the Apes (1968)


"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of 60 minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." -- C.S. Lewis





Labels: , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    I just love romantic comedies. 13 Going To 30 is one of my favorites. Back To The Future is on my list, too. Thanks for reminding me of Planet of The Apes and sharing the other movies for reference. It's so good to see you blogging again. I have found this meme through you.


  2. Unknown Says:

    Field of Dreams is a great choice. I keep remembering several great ones from looking at others' picks :)


  3. The Bumbles Says:

    It's funny that I never think of Field of Dreams as time travel - just magic! Planet of the Apes was Andy's first thought when I brought up this topic. I loved CT Yankee when I read it - I had no idea there was a film! Welcome back to the MMM Carleen. We missed you!


  4. aelievense Says:

    I friggin love Somewhere in Time. I thought I was just about the only person who knew about this movie (other than Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeves, of course.) We have this movie on VHS and I can't bear to part with it, though VHS tapes are going the way of the dodo. I need to get this on DVD. You are so right about this one taking the cake for best time travel movie.


    The family recently rented The Time Traveler's Wife and my mom and I both fell asleep after 20 minutes. Dad stayed awake to the end. When we woke up he just said, "Gah, that was a weird movie." We returned it without watching it the next day.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?