Carleen


This post ought to be one of the easiest I have ever written considering the random nature of the events that drive my life these days. Let's see what happens . . .

Random Thought #1

I love watching the FIFA World Cup games, but my addiction to them has caused an already sleep deprived person to become even more tired. It's my fault, I know. After all, I don't really need to wake up at hours when "normal" people are still sleeping just so that I can watch a soccer game. Technically, I could watch a replay of the game on the ESPN website since they have so graciously made them available on a daily basis. But truth be told, it's just not the same to watch a replay of an exciting game when I could just wake up and see it live! And so, until July 11th when the final match is played, I am destined to look, think, and act like the zombie I have become thanks to soccer.

Random Thought #2

Three Sunday mornings ago, I found began fostering a litter of kittens that a feral cat delivered and hid in our backyard. Three days before, we found the mother cat lying dead in the street, the apparent victim of a careless driver. The kittens were approximately three weeks old when I found them, and I have been fostering them for three weeks now. They have become quite attached to me -- probably because my presence means food and cuddles -- and I to them. Although I promised the AED that I wouldn't keep any of them, I have to admit to becoming seriously attached to the runt of the litter. It's an orange and white boy that we jokingly call Wilbur after the pig, also the runt, in Charlotte's Web. The babies will be ready for new homes in another 3 or 4 weeks, but I'm thinking that Wilbur needs to stay with me. Obviously, I believe in living dangerously, LOL!

Random Thought #3

It's time to watch Mexico v. Uruguay, so it's also time to finish blogging for today!


Labels: , , , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
4 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    We are watching the World Cup, too. Well... actually my husband does, while I am blogging. He says that the excitement of watching a replay wouldn't be the same with the real time play, because you already know the scores.

    I would love to see some photos of Wilbur and the others. They are so lucky to have found someone caring like you. Very careless drivers are on the streets these days.

    Have a wonderful time.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Well stranger...welcome back. :) Glad to see some posts coming from this blog that must be covered in cob webs LOL I hope you are well :) I'm not a soccer fan at all but when I watched England vs USA last week I got hooked. There is something about big tournaments like this that just are awesome. Love the name of the runt LOL Too funny. :) Off to walk the dog then soccer :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Great to see you back -- I've missed you bunches!! Also would love to see some pix of Wilbur and his sibs.


  4. Carleen Says:

    Rosidah, I have become so addicted to watching the World Cup games that Ali actually relies on me to tell him what's going on if he misses one! Considering that it was he who taught me about soccer, I find this quite funny. :)

    Thom, you're too sweet. I have so much going on -- even more than the World Cup! -- that blogging has taken a back seat to everything else. Of course the addiction to the games on Facebook hasn't helped the situation, either.

    Sherlock, I will post some pics of Wilbur and his siblings when I get home this evening. They are too cute. I hope that you're doing well these days. I've missed you, too!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?