Carleen

To see more participants or to play along, click here.

Sunday Stealing: The Oh My! Meme, Part One

1. The phone rings; who don't you want it to be?

A telemarketer of any kind. Despite being on the No Call List, a few of them still manage to call our unlisted phone number!

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?

Yes, I do. I always put the cart in the nearest holding pen or whatever the cart storage place is called.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?

It depends on the situation, setting, and company.

4. What was the last compliment that someone gave you?

I honestly don't remember.

5. Do you play the lottery?

Nope. I played on the first day that California's lottery opened and when I didn't win anything, I never bought another ticket. I can think of better things to blow my money on than the lottery.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, who would you want with you?

Grizzly Adams or Macgyver since either one of them would know, or could figure out, how to survive.

7. Do you like to ride horses?

Yes, but it has been a very long time since I rode one.

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?

CampING with family and the Girl Scouts, but never to a summer type camp.

9. What is your favorite party game?

Any type of guessing game is fine with me.

10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it?

Not in a million years!

11. When was the last time that you lied?

Lie? Me? Pshaw!

12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?

I married someone whose religious beliefs were different from mine for the first three years of our marriage.

13. If you have a S/O, who pursued who? If not, do you like to pursue or be pursued?

Pursue is such an aggressive word that it calls to mind a hunter and an antelope. Neither of us pursued the other; we were interested in getting to know one another better and a relationship developed from there.

14. Use six words to describe yourself.

(1) assertive; (2) friendly; (3) bibliophile; (4) lifelong learner; (5) trustworthy; (6) compassionate

15. Name a song that could make you cry?

Just one? There are so many that it is hard to choose! This one requires a full box of Kleenex:



16. Are you pleased with your education?

I have plenty of it; however, the more I learn, the less I know. I will seek knowledge and desire to learn until the day I die.

17. How do you feel about gun control?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed," states the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. Since I don't belong to a militia, I neither keep nor bear arms.

18. If your house was on fire, what thing would be the first thing you grabbed?

My husband if he hadn't already grabbed me.

19. How often do you have a romantic weekend?

If you mean of the getaway type, rarely; however, romance isn't just for the weekends!

20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?

These days, I think equally about the past and the future because without understanding the past, the future stands a good chance of holding the same mistakes.

21. What was the last adult magazine that you have read?

"Adult" magazine as in Playboy or the like? I haven't read any of them.

22. What are you told about your eyes?

That they are beautiful, but that's probably because they are big.

23. How tall is just right?

Whatever height is suitable for the pants an individual is wearing.

24. Where is your dream house located?

In a library filled with great books and fabulous documentaries.

25. Do you have a secret fetish?

If I told you it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?

26. Have you tried bourbon? If yes, what type?

Never tried it.

27. Have you ever seen a male or female stripper?

Does the Demi Moore movie count?

28. When was the last time you were at TGI Fridays?

When I turned 21 many years ago.

29. When was the last time you were at Church?

Also many years ago. I was at a mosque this month, though.

30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?

From the bedroom to the kitchen.

31. What was your favorite job?

The one that someone else is doing.

32. What condiments do you like at your BBQ?

It depends on the meat being cooked. If it's burgers, I need only mustard and pickles; if it's steak, I don't need anything; if it's lamb, I need tahini or babaghanoug; if it's chicken, I need a good BBQ sauce.

33. Bud is hosting Thursday Thunks this week. Will you play?

I've been quite bad about blogging for several months and since I do my best not to make promises that I can't keep, I will say probably not.

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?

People tell me that I look more like my mom the older I get, but I don't see it...

35. Who was the last person that you showered with (it's okay to leave out the name)?

I don't answer questions like this one.


Bookmark and Share | edit post
2 Responses
  1. RA Says:

    I always love to read and see your posts, Carleen. Have a wonderful week ahead.


  2. Carleen Says:

    Thank you, Rosidah. I've been so bad about blogging since I retired that I have probably forgotten how! Still, I'm going to keep trying. Thanks for the encouragement!


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?