Carleen

Post about 5 favorite things from the past week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy: favorite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc. Be as detailed as you like, the more detail the more fun for those of us visiting. Susanne, the hostess, just asks that it be kept family friendly. To see entries from other participants or to play along, click here.



1. Container Arrivals.

We've had nothing but grief over the shipment of this latest container from Egypt to the US, which explains why the AED has been in Cairo since the beginning of October and won't be back home until next Tuesday. At long last, however, the doggone thing -- complete with dozens of damaged cartons and yards of green US Customs tape -- was delivered to our warehouses at 9 this morning. Now all the brother-in-law and I need to do is to get this 40-foot monstrosity unloaded within 24 hours, LOL! Did I mention that I am also very grateful for forklifts, pallets, plenty of warehouse space, and the friends who are willing to help get all
of those boxes out of the monstrosity?


2. Spayed Kitties.
Wilbur, the runt of the litter of rescue kittens I found in my backyard last July, became so attached to me that I had to keep him. With an already very quiet and squeaky voice, Wilbur began making very strange chirping noises, climbing up on the counters in the kitchen, hanging out on top of the fridge, and knocking the plants over when he "needed" a bird's eye view out the kitchen windows a couple of weeks ago. Turns out Wilbur is a girl and that (s)he was looking for some lovin'! Being the responsible pet owner that I am, I nipped that right in the bud!

As of Tuesday morning, Wilbur is no longer looking for love in all the wrong places. Wilbur is now a member of the nipped and tucked club. Just in case you're wondering about her name, I have no plans to change it. She knows it too well for me to do that now. Johnny Cash had a boy named Sue, so why can't I have a girl named Wilbur?

3. Netflix.

Ok, so I am a bit behind the times as far as this one goes; I didn't get a Netflix account until December 2. Since we did away with all the satellites that lined our roof and have been using only the free-to-air satellite channels in conjunction with our local ones, I have been a much happier camper. With the Netflix account and a nifty wi-fi hookup thingy, I can watch the BBC shows I love, as well as hundreds of documentaries, whenever I want. And when the AED comes home and finds all the old TV shows with cowboys that are available, he'll think he's died and gone straight to Roy Rodgers heaven, I'm sure.

4. Peach Rings.

Gummy Bears hold the key to my heart, but the peach rings sold at 7-11 rock my world! I'm sure that my dentist loves them just as much as I do, LOL! If there is a 7-11 near you and you haven't tried them already, then you should. These little gummy delights are simply amazing! I have never tasted an artificial peach anything that comes so close to the real fruit. Mmmmm....my mouth is watering just from writing about them!

5. Fridays.
'Nuff said on that one!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and that I actually make it through next week to post again!

Labels: , , Bookmark and Share | edit post
6 Responses
  1. I say YES to Fridays!

    And I love gummies. I'll have to try peach rings.

    Have a great week!


  2. Gattina Says:

    What a surprise Wilbur changed sex, lol ! I agree she should keep her name.
    Things even only a suitcase coming from Egypt are often arriving as if they had played football with them ! After 10 years of travelling to Egypt I am at my 3rd suitcase, lol !


  3. Gummies look yummy! Nice to get your shipment, hope the kitten gets better!
    kim


  4. Melissa Says:

    Glad that the container arrived! And YES, I agree about Fridays!

    I've seen those peach rings but never tried them. Maybe I will ... although maybe it's better to wait until we have better dental insurance. :)


  5. Susanne Says:

    I love those peach rings.

    What a surprise about Wilbur! Did you rename her?


  6. Susanne Says:

    Silly me, I read to fast and in rereading see you're keeping the name Wilbur.

    Nice to see you join us again.


Post a Comment

What's on your mind?