To see more participants or to play along, click here.
Here goes nothing!
It has been a very long time since I blogged, so this meme is the perfect re-entry into the blogosphere!
1. How long have you been blogging?
On and off for at least three years.
2. What made you start?
I first began blogging as a way to encourage my students to write. The first blog I set up was for an upper-division composition class that I was teaching.
3. Who inspired you?
If The Brain worked properly, I would remember this. Alas, The Brain's several short circuits makes the memory foggy. However, I do remember that I was inspired by an article I read in a professional journal.
4. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?
When I'm actively blogging, I spend about 10-12 hours a week on my blog. That is, unless I start playing around with widgets, codes, links, etc.
5. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
I have a graduate degree in English and taught composition to college students for several years. I've also had professional papers published in literary journals. Blogging is a completely different style of writing than I am used to and although I do enjoy it, I still prefer to do research and develop an argument on a topic of interest.
6. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas?
Life is a blog post just waiting to be written, so I just live and let whatever strikes my fancy at the moment become the topic du jour.
7. What or who inspires you and your blog?
8. Where and/or how do your brainstorming for your blog?
Brainstorming is not my thing; it's a pre-writing strategy that just never worked for me. Instead of brainstorming, I keep notes on my iPhone of things that I found interesting, insightful, intriguing, or irritating and use them as the jumping off points for posts.
9. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow?
I love reading blogs with images, so I always try to find a picture of some kind to accompany a post. Other than that, I don't follow any hard and fast rules.
10. Is there anything you will not blog about?
If it irks, irritates, or intrigues me, I'll blog about it.
11. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic?
Not really. Sometimes I'll write a post or two and keep them on the shelf for just the "right" time to publish, but that doesn't happen very often.